How to download Aadhar Card – Complete These 5 Steps to Download Your e-Aadhar Card
Your e-Aadhaar card is an electronic form of your Aadhaar card. This means that you can use your e-Aadhaar for various government verifications. Just like the Aadhaar card, the e-Aadhaar contains all the necessary information like your biometric data, demographic details, Aadhaar number, photograph, and general information including name, date of birth and sex. In order to use your e-Aadhaar, you will need to download the same.
Here is a step-by step guide to help you with your e-Aadhaar download.
Step 1. Keep your aadhaar card or enrolment number
If you don’t have your Aadhaar: Keep your enrolment number along with the time and date provided in the acknowledgment slip ready.
If you have your Aadhaar number: Keep your Aadhaar number handy.
Step 2. Visit UIDAI website
Log on to the official UIDAI website, https://uidai.gov.in/ and see the section titled Aadhaar Online Services. One of the menu options under this will be ‘Download Aadhaar.’ Click here and enter all the required details accurately. This includes the following:
– Enrolment ID/Aadhaar Number/VID
– Full Name
– Pin code
– Security code
Step 3. Request for OTP
Once this is completed, you’ll come to section where you will need to enter a TOTP. If don’t have it, click on ‘Request OTP’.
Step 4. Enter OTP
You will receive an OTP within a few seconds. Enter the same into the field provided.
Step 5. Download e-Aadhaar PDF
To open the e-Aadhaar PDF file you will need to enter a password. Your password will be the first four letters of your name along with your birth year. Ensure the letters of your name are entered in capitals. For instance, if your name is THOMAS and your birth year is 1989, your password will be THOM1989.
Additional Read : How To Link Your Aadhaar Card With Your Pan & Mobile Number?
That’s all you need to do to download your e-Aadhaar.
You can also get Aadhaar on your mobile number by clicking here. For this, you need to have a registered mobile number linked with your Aadhaar. If you do, simply enter the following details:
– Enrolment ID
– Date/Time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss)
– Mobile number
– Security Code
If you have recently applied for an Aadhaar card and are waiting for delivery of the same, you can get Aadhaar status by following these 6 steps:
– Keep your enrolment slip handy.
– Log on the official UIDAI website, https://uidai.gov.in/.
– On the home page, look for the option ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ and click on it. This is the page that will open.
– You will be asked for your 14-digit Enrolment ID (EID) number along with the 14-digit time stamp. Enter the same. Ensure the time stamp is entered in this format: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss as mentioned on your enrolment slip
– After submitting this you will be asked to enter the given Security Captcha code. Carefully enter the same without any mistakes.
– Now click on the ‘Check Status’ button to be provided with the Aadhar status of your application.
Additional Read : 7 Facts About M-Aadhaar That You Should Know
Use this information to digitally access information on you Aadhar card. Remember to check entered details before submission to avoid errors.